Taskbar puts a start menu and recent apps tray on top of your screen that's accessible at any time, increasing your productivity and turning your Android tablet (or phone) into a real multitasking machine!
On devices running Android 7.0+ (Nougat), Taskbar can also launch apps in freeform windows for a PC-like experience! No root required! (see below for instructions)
Taskbar is also fully supported on Chrome OS - use Taskbar as a secondary Android app launcher on your Chromebook!
All About Android
If you find Taskbar useful, please consider upgrading to the Donate Version! Simply tap the "Donate" option at the bottom of the app (or, on the web, click here ).
• Start menu - shows you all applications installed on the device, configurable as a list or as a grid
• Recent apps tray - shows your most recently used apps and lets you easily switch between them
• Collapsible and hideable - show it when you need it, hide it when you don't
• Many different configuration options - customize Taskbar however you want
• Pin favorite apps or block the ones you don't want to see
• Designed with keyboard and mouse in mind
• 100% free, open source, and no ads
Freeform window mode (Android 7.0+)
Taskbar lets you launch apps in freeform floating windows on Android 7.0+
(Nougat). No root access is required. Android 8.0+ (Oreo) is also supported via an adb shell command.
Simply follow these steps to configure your device for launching apps in freeform mode:
1. Check the box for "Freeform window support" inside the Taskbar app
2. Follow the directions that appear in the pop-up to enable the proper settings on your device (one-time setup)
3. Go to your device's recent apps page and clear all recent apps
4. Select an app using Taskbar to launch it in a freeform window
For more information and detailed instructions, click "Help & instructions for freeform mode" inside the Taskbar app.
This app uses the Device Administrator permission. This app uses Accessibility services.
Taskbar - PC-style productivity for Android is a free software application from the System Maintenance subcategory, part of the System Utilities category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2018-01-29. The program can be installed on Android.
Taskbar - PC-style productivity for Android (version 3.8.1) is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 14 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.